Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes
Oatmeal cinnamon pancakes combine the cinnamony goodness of oatmeal with a buttermilk pancake. These wholesome cakes make for a fabulous post-half marathon breakfast…it’s the exact meal I was served after running PF Chang’s Rock and Roll half marathon last weekend in Phoenix! Don’t worry, I’m not saying you have to run 13.1 miles to eat them…you can enjoy them on any Sunday morning!
Sunday mornings have always meant pancakes in the Angvick household. Anyone who has ever stayed the night at my house was more than likely served pancakes on Sunday mornings. If you were lucky…you may have enjoyed my dad’s famous Mickey Mouse pancakes. If you want to get creative with your pancakes, give each cake two ears to create a Mickey Mouse shaped head….it still makes me smile and I’m twenty-four years old! Love you Dad!
Here’s what you need:
-2 cups oatmeal
-2 cups buttermilk
-1/2 cup flour
– 1 T sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 2 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 eggs
– Syrup, peanut butter or cinnamon sugar to top (if desired)
Here’s how you make it:
1. Combine oatmeal, buttermilk, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl…stir until mixed.
2. In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs.
3. Stir beaten eggs into large mixing bowl (from step 1).
4. Heat skillet or griddle to 350 degrees.
5. Drop batter onto hot, greased skillet or griddle (about 1/4 cup per cake)
6. Cook until pancake is golden brown, flip.
7. Cook opposite side until golden brown
8. Repeat until all the batter us used.
9. Serve with syrup, peanut butter, or cinnamon sugar (if desired)
Posted by: Denise Angvick on Denise’s Dish