Mom’s Four Can Taco Soup
This is one of my favorite soup recipes for three reasons (1) it’s super easy to make, (2) it’s healthy, and (3) it’s delicious! If you’re worried about calories be careful with the toppings..while they add the perfect touch they can also add lots of extra calories. I got this great recipe from my lovely mom. She hand wrote it for me when I started a recipe box for my first apartment in college. Love you mama.
Here’s what you need:
– (1) 16 oz can un-drained pinto beans (can also use red or kidney beans)
– (1) 16 oz can stewed tomatoes (I get petite cut because I don’t like big chunks)
– (1) 16 oz can whole kernel corn
– (1) 16 oz can tomato sauce
– (1) lb hamburger
– (1) medium chopped onion
– (1) package taco seasoning
– (1) 4 oz can diced green chillies
Here’s how you make it:
1. Brown hamburger with chopped onions and drain excess fat.
2. Mix all ingredients (excluding toppings) together in a large stock pot or crock pot.
3. Heat until warm. If you use the crockpot cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Posted by: Denise Angvick on Denise’s Dish